Sunday, May 24, 2009

Two days before I leave

I am so excited, I can hardly breathe.
I've packed, mostly.
Half of the suitcase - school supplies, half my clothes (really basic), cosmetics and a HUGE amount medical - hygiene supplies.
It makes me feel really stupid and paranoid.
Malaria Tablets
Diarrhea tablets - 2 kinds (mild and strong)
Antiseptics
Insects repellent
Wet towelettes
Alcohol pads
Bandages
Paper tissues
Tampons
Sunblock
Protective gloves
Aspirin
Vitamins
I can't even remember it all.
WTF - I never even get sick!
Anyhow - it was all listed as DO NOT FORGET!!!
allright...
and people keep telling em - be careful
don't be brave
Cool. I will not play with snakes and have unprotected sex.
all I am really scared of is nightmares from the malaria tablets, but I had my share of those once in my teenage days, and they were pretty sever for quite a while. I think I learned how to cope.
And from all my days with experimenting with drugs - I learned to separate "real" feelings from the "chemically caused" ones.

I managed to raise quite a bit of money and even more buzz about this. When I get back, I'll swim right back in, with more people knowing about this and waiting for updates, offering suggestions, etc.

I think I have a really good idea as to what I want to start there. But shhhhh, I will tell when I am ready.

I still need to figure out a few things, how to use the phone there is one of them.
I need to have it unlocked (so I can use it with the Ghanaian local simm card there) but the AT&T are giving me a huge headache about it.

Just so you know, dear reader, if you need to do that - do it a week or so ahead; it takes time.
And be persistent about requesting it done - the representative might want to tell you it's impossible, or that you need to go to a third party dealer and pay money for it.

I need to take care of my subleter, get the ACs up so he's nice and cool here while I am sweating at 90 degrees in Kopeyia, which I don't mind.
I have been taking Bikram Yoga for over 2 months now, and my body is nicely adjusted to the heat. Which I enjoy to begin with.

Allright, that's it for now.

(ps - and of course, life is getting really exciting here in NY for me. if yu know waht i mean. times 3!!! what a nice shift!)

No comments:

Post a Comment